What causes razor bumps?
When you shave any part of your body, you remove the top layer of your skin, due to which the hair may curl and turn inward after shaving, and as the new skin begins to form over the micro-injury, it can trap the hair, causing that irritating bump to form. The bump may cause irritation, dryness or even itching. Here’s how you can treat them.
· Coldwater is the best remedy. Splash some cold water soon after shaving to soothe the micro-injuries that cause due to shaving. If you still see the bumps, splash the cold water after they start appearing. The cold water helps to shrink the pores and soothing them.
· Moisture your skin. Moisturizing is very important, as soon as you finish shaving apply a moisturizing lotion to your skin. Even after seeing bumps, you can apply a moisturizer to heal them. These bumps cause dryness and itchiness and moisturizing them can help with the dryness and stop the itching.
· Aloe Vera can also be considered as a great product to deal with the bumps. Aloe Vera not only moisturises your skin but also heals it. It will be very useful is you use aloe Vera soon after shaving to avoid bumps or even to treat them. It’s also a better option to improve your skin health.
How to avoid getting razor bumps?
· Before shaving wet the hair with warm water and then apply soap or foam according to your choice. Warm water softens your hair and makes it easy to shave. The soap will also soften and clean the skin so that there’s no dirt left that can cause bumps.
· Use a sharp blade. And make sure it’s clean to avoid getting razor bumps. If you find it difficult to shave with your blade, you must change your blade immediately.
· Use a shaving gel, when you use a sharp blade inwith shaving gel, you can catch all the hair with just one pass, lessening the likelihood of both razor bumps and ingrown hairs.
· Shave in the direction that the hair is growing.