“The Pursuit Of Happyness” is a 2006 American classic movie, which is the biographical drama film starring Will Smith as Christopher Gardner, a homeless salesman. Smith’s son Jaden Smith is his co-star as Gardner’s son. The movie is about Christopher Gardner who is a stressed-out salesman running around trying to make sales of bone density scanners, which is his only life-income but fails, later on meets a man named Jay Twistle, who introduces him to the world of stockbrokers. Later applies for the unpaid internship which makes his life more miserable and he was left with no money. He doesn’t give up hopes and continuously works towards it. And later on, gets a job in dean witter ad in his later life went on to form his own multimillion-dollar brokerage firm.
Here are a few of the quotes from the film which truly are inspirational and will motivate you to work against all the odds in life-
1) “The world is your oyster. It’s up to you to find the pearls.”
2) “People can’t do somethin’ themselves, they wanna tell you, you can’t do it. If you want somethin’, go get it. Period”
3) “You got a dream. You gotta protect it.”
4 )“Probably means there’s a good chance. Possibly means we might or we might not.”
5) “I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.”
6) “I’d get this good feeling about all the things that I could be. And then I never became any of them.”
7) “Walk that walk and go forward all the time.
Don’t just talk that talk, walk it and go forward.
Also, the walk didn’t have to be long strides; baby steps counted too. Go forward.”
8) “Still a dreamer, yet more of a realist than ever before, I knew this was my time to sail.
On the horizontal I saw the shining future, as before, the difference now was that I felt the wind at my back. I was ready”
9) “I met my father for the first time when I was 28 years old. I made up my mind that when I had children, my children were going to know who their father was.”
10) “Wealth can also be that attitude of gratitude with which we rewind ourselves everyday to count our blessing”
11) “Maybe happiness is something that we can only pursue,
And maybe we can actually never have it no matter what!”
12) “We all have to climb mountains, you know.
Mountains that go way up high, And mountains that go deep and low.
Yes, we know what those mountains are here at glide. We sing about them.”