Dal dhokli is a very well-known Gujarati dish enjoyed not only by Gujaratis but is enjoyed all over India. If you are a vegetarian and you want to enjoy something different, then dal dhokli is the best choice. The taste of dhokla is lipsmacking and will make you try it again and again.
Here we shall look at the easy and delicious recipe to make Dal Dhokli
Ingredients to make the batter for dal dhokli
2 cups – Chickpea flour or Besan, 1 teaspoon – Baking Soda, 1 teaspoon – Sugar, 1/4 teaspoon – Salt, 2 teaspoon – Ginger and green chili paste, Small pinch of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon – Citric acid
Ingredients for garnishing the dal dhokli
7-8 – Curry leaves, 2 teaspoon – Mustard oil, 1/2 teaspoon -Mustard seeds, 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds, 1-2 – Green chili
Method to make dal dhokli
1. Grate ginger and chili to prepare a paste. Mix some flour, sugar, turmeric powder, soda, and salt (as per preference) in a container.
2. Add some paste of ginger chili, along with one cup of water, and stir it well. The thickness of the batter should be like the thickness of the cake, neither too thick nor too thin.
3. Now, add citric acid and blend it well. Now you will notice that the batter starts getting foamy, Don’t over mix, just give a short mix.
4. Heat the pan, put some oil and pour the mixture into an oiled pan. Boil enough water and place the pan into hot water. Cover the container and cook it on a medium heat for 10 – 15 minutes. Turn off the flame. Put a toothpick into the center of the dhokla, and then remove the toothpick, if the toothpick comes out clean, it means that your dhokla is ready.
5. Put the remaining oil in a frying pan and put in all the ingredients given for garnishing. Pour garnishing ingredients on the dhokla, and slice the dhokla into square pieces.
6. Serve the dal dhokli with coconut chutney or any other kind of chutney you prefer.
Enjoy your delicious Dal dhokli!
Keep reading Successyeti.com