Makhana is a famous snack in India and an important ingredient in the country’s cuisine. It is also known as fox nuts or lotus seeds. These come from the Lotus flower and are majorly found in East Asia, especially in India. It is known for its nutritional benefits. Apart from that, it’s often used in dishes like curries, sweets, and snacks. Along with that, Makhana also plays an important part in religious and fasting traditions in India. Here, check out the wonderful benefits of Makhana.
1) Makhana is a low-calorie snack that is very effective for weight control & promotes better health. It works as a wonder for the human body.
2) The high dietary fiber content makes it one of the first choices of people. It helps to aid digestion and also helps to maintain a healthy weight. It is a good snack to be in your pocket wherever you go.
3) Makhana is a good source of plant-based protein, which proves to be very important for muscle growth. It also helps to repair the muscles and overall maintenance.
4) Not just that, Makhana is rich in antioxidants, which are very helpful for the body. It helps to protect the cells from free radical damage.
5) The benefits of Makhana will undoubtedly make you feel good. The high-fiber and low-calorie snack can be your go-to snack to deal with your hunger and maintain body weight.
6) Along with this, Makhana is helpful for bone health. It helps to maintain the skin by protecting it against oxidative damage. It contributes to heart health. The presence of a glycemic index makes it suitable for diabetes. It is also anti-inflammatory.