The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is a simple yet compelling narrative of a married woman who is pushed out of her comfort zone after a life event leads to the discovery of a dormant talent.
Women weren’t meant to do stand-up comedy in the 1950s. They were meant to keep an eye on the kids, obsess over their waistlines, and prepare meals. Mrs. Maisel, an upper-middle-class housewife who fearlessly pursues her career as a stand-up comic.
The series garnered 14 Emmy nominations and won 8 Emmys in 2018.
Here are some of the best life quotes from the show
1. “The world is full of disappointments, and sometimes people let you down. You can’t just run away.”
2. “Life isn’t fair. It’s hard and cruel. You have to pick your friends as if there’s a war going on. You want a husband who’ll take a bullet for you, not one who points to the attic and says ‘They’re up there.” – Abe Weissman
3. “Just because there is a door does not mean you use it. A door does not represent infinite possibilities.” – Abe Weissman
4. “I don’t mind being alone. I just don’t want to be insignificant. ”– Susie Myerson
5. ‘Do you know what a dream is? A dream is what keeps you going in a job you hate.’ – Joel Maisel
6. ‘“The world is full of disappointments, and sometimes people let you down. You can’t just run away.” – Midge (Mirim Maisel)
7. “If women don’t realize what’s going on in the world, they won’t step in and fix it.” – Midge Maisel
8. “Everything we bring on ourselves is our own fault.” – Abe Weissman
Keep reading Successyeti.com