The creamy curry which is made with a mixture of vegetables is diwani handi. The recipe is known as diwani handi as it is cooked in a handi, a cooking pot.
1. For 30 minutes, soak the cashews in hot water and then drain and blend them in a mixture to make a smooth paste.
2. Meanwhile, you can chop the veggies you want to add to this recipe.
3. Steam all the veggies in the pressure cooker or a steamer or you can also fry them.
4. Take a handi or a pot, set it on low flame and melt some butter in it. Add spices such as cinnamon, mace cloves, green cardamoms and tej patta also known as Indian bay leaves and saute them until fragrant.
5. Add the finely chopped onions and toss them well on a low flame. Once they turn golden add ginger-garlic paste, coriander leaves and mint leaves.
6. After a minute add the neatly chopped tomatoes and saute until they turn pulpy.
7. Sprinkle some turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder.
8. Add the smooth cashew paste. You can also add yogurt, anyway it’s optional.
9. Stir it until you see the fat releasing from it. Then pour some water while continuing to stir it.
10. Add some slit green chillies and let it simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes on low flame.
11. Add sugar and salt as per taste and along with it also add the steamed veggies. Let it simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes until the gravy thickens.
12. Towards the end, sprinkle some nutmeg powder, kasuri methi and garam masala powder. Add some cream, stir it well and switch off the flame.
Serve this diwani handi with tandoori rotis, naan, parathas or chapati.
Keep reading SuccessYeti.com