If you are looking for a snack recipe, crispy corn is something you need to try this rainy season. It is made by frying corn kernels and flavouring it with your favourite spicy powders. There are various ways of making crispy corn, they are either coated with a thin or extremely thick layer of cornflour. Many times they are also coated with egg white powder or just egg.
If you are more into crispy snacks then you get a thick crisp flour coating with an egg. Additionally, grill the sweet corn kernels in the oven for a healthier dish.
1. Pick the kernels from the cob. Do not chop them with a knife because the kernels tend to burst in the oil. Separate the out of shape kernels after picking them all out.
2. This step is optional. If your corn is not too hard, then you can skip it. Boil a pot of water and add some salt. After adding the corn, let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Then drain them.
3. After rinsing the kernels under water, add them to a mixing bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Make sure that it is a bit salty. If you want to add egg, go ahead add 1 egg white and blend it well.
4. Now add 3 tbsp of cornflour and rice flour. Toss them well.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan and set the flame on a medium high. Add some 3 spoons of kernels and cover it.
6. Once they are cooked, they’ll float while making a sizzling noise.
7. After transferring them all to a large bowl, sprinkle red chilli powder, cumin powder and chaat masala. Toss them well.
8. Serve this crispy corn recipe with some chopped onions and lemon.
Keep reading SuccessYeti.com
Also Read: Food habits for monsoon