This Fish Pie dish is so tasty that it will fulfil all of your needs while also allowing you to stick to your budget. The mixture of butter’s exquisite flavour and creamy cheese’s richness is irresistible. This entree meal is ideal for celebrations, birthday parties, and wedding anniversary. It doesn’t take much work on your part because it’s a simple recipe to prepare. Try it out on your next date night.
1. Potatoes, 750 grammes
2. Softened butter, 1/4th cup
3. Softened butter, 1/4th cup
4. 125 ml of fish
5. 1/4th cup cheddar cheese or any kind of cheese
6. Haddock steak, 100 g
7. A pair of eggs
8. A 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour also known as Maida
9. 125 ml full cream milk
10. A cod fish weighing 150 gm.
11. 100 g spinach (small)
For seasoning you can use; nutmeg, 2 tbsp lime juice, parsley, 1tbsp oil, ½ tbsp mustard and 1 bay leaf.
1. Place a pot over a medium heat and add the butter. Allow it to melt before adding the Maida. Mix it thoroughly before adding the fish and full cream milk. Continue to whisk until the gravy has reached a creamy consistency. Bring it to a simmer, and then reduce the heat.
2. Set the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Cook the potatoes and eggs in the meantime. Slice the eggs into chunks and keep them separate after they’re finished.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded cheese, mustard, and lime juice, as well as the sliced parsley. Ensure the cheese is completely melted before seasoning with pepper. Remove it from the heat after it has thickened.
4. Slice the fish into small strips and set them in a prepared pan. In a prepared pan, combine smashed spinach and diced egg chunks. Remove the bay leaf from the gravy and spread it across the fish and eggs in the prepared pan. Leave the mixture to chill before coating them.
5. In a mixing bowl, mix the boiling potatoes and season with nutmeg and oil. Combine all of these ingredients in a mixing bowl and pour over the mixture in the prepared pan. Toss it in the oven with some shredded cheddar on top. Heat till golden brown in tone. And serve it to your partner.