Patiala chicken is a Punjabi dish which is not only wholesome but also full of rustic flavour.
· 800 grams of chicken.
· 2 tbsp yogurt
· 1 ½ tbsp cumin seeds
· 1 inch cinnamon
· 4 or 5 cloves
· 2 to 3 black cardamoms and 4 to 5 green cardamoms
· 1 tbsp black peppercorns
· 2 tbsp red chili powder
· ½ tbsp turmeric powder
· 1 tbsp garlic paste
· 1 tbsp ginger paste
· 4 to 5 grated onions
· 3 to 4 tbsp tomato puree
· 3 to 4 green chillies
1. Heat a pan and dry roast the coriander seeds, cinnamon, cumin seeds, green and black cardamoms and black pepper corn until they are fragrant. Keep it aside and let it cool down.
2. Now add thoroughly washed chicken in a bowl and add salt, red chilli powder and yogurt. Mix it well.
3. Add the garlic and ginger paste and blend it again. Let it marinate in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Take a non-stick pan and heat oil in it. Add onions and let it saute till they turn brown.
5. Grind the roasted spice with dried red chillies.
6. Pour the tomato puree to the sauteed onions in the pan and sprinkle it with turmeric powder and chillies.
7. Saute it for 3 to 4 minutes and add the marinated chicken.
8. Add ½ spice powder and 2 to 3 tbsp of water and mix it well.
9. Cover the pan and let the chicken cook for a while.
10. Add the remaining spice powder, blend it and again cover it. Let it cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
Serve this Patiala chicken recipe hot.
Keep reading SuccessYeti.com