Chicken Francese is a veal-based adaptation of a traditional Italian meal. It’s a popular New York-based Italian-American dish. It’s made out of lemon, butter, and white wine-battered chicken cutlets. Battered chicken breasts are pan-fried to golden brown perfection and covered with a delicious lemon sauce in this chicken francaise recipe. This is a simple and interesting dinner alternative that is usually a hit!
For the chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts thin cut
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 cup olive oil
For the sauce
4 tablespoons butter divided use
1 lemon thinly sliced
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white wine
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Put two pieces of plastic wrap between each piece of chicken. Create thin cutlets by pounding with the flat end of a meat mallet.
2. In a mixing basin, whisk together the flour, salt, and pepper. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the eggs and milk.
4. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil.
5. Each chicken cutlet should be dredged in flour and then dipped in egg.
6. In a single layer, arrange the chicken breasts in the pan.
7. Cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and done.
8. To keep the chicken warm, remove it from the pan and cover it. Using a paper towel, clean the pan.
1. In a medium-sized skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Place the lemon slices on top. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the lemon slices are golden brown. Take the lemon slices out of the pan and set them aside.
2. Cook until the rest of the butter has melted in the pan. Cook, stirring constantly, for one minute after adding the flour.
3. Simmer for 2 minutes after adding the white wine. Add the chicken broth and continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened somewhat.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste after adding the lemon juice. Toss the chicken back into the pan.
5. Serve the sauce over the chicken with cooked lemon wedges on top. Serve immediately with a parsley garnish.
Keep reading successyeti.com