Chicken Parmesan, often known as Chicken Parmigiana, is one of the most popular and frequently ordered chicken dishes in the world. Chicken Parmesan is a dish that you can easily prepare in the comfort of your own home.
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Salt and pepper to season
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (Italian or golden)
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic or onion powder
1/2 cup olive oil for frying
3 large chicken breasts halved horizontally to make 6 fillets
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
14 ounces (400 g) tomato puree (Passata)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
1/3 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil or parsley
250 g mozzarella cheese sliced or shredded
Method to cook
1. Preheat the oven to 430°F | 220°C. in advance. Set aside a baking dish that has been lightly greased with cooking oil.
2. In a shallow dish, beat the eggs with garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper. Rotate the chicken fillets in the egg mixture to coat them evenly. Allow for at least 15 minutes of marinating time after wrapping in plastic wrap. You can even leave it overnight for a deeper flavor.
3. In a separate shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder when the chicken is ready to be cooked. To evenly coat the chicken, dip it into the breadcrumb mix.
4. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Cook the chicken until golden brown and crispy on each side.
5. Place the chicken on the prepared baking tray/dish and pour roughly 1/3 cup of sauce over each chicken breast. Then place 2-3 slices of mozzarella cheese on top, followed by 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese. Add basil or parsley as a garnish.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling and the chicken is fully cooked.
7. Now for the sauce, in a medium-sized pot, heat the oil and add onions. After the onion has become transparent, add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
8. Toss in the tomato puree, season with salt and pepper to taste, as well as the Italian herbs and honey.
9. Cover and cook for about 8 minutes, or until the sauce has somewhat thickened. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
10. Serve with pasta, mashed potatoes, salad, steamed vegetables, zucchini noodles, or cauliflower rice.
Keep reading successyeti.com
Also Read: Tips To Keeping An Office Affair Secret