Companies like Facebook and Google have made a name for themselves by providing free food to its staff. Free food at work has both advantages and disadvantages. Here are a few instances:
Benefits of Providing Free Food in the Office
1. Snacks Contribute to a Positive Workplace Culture. When you serve food to work, you’re implying that you care about your coworkers’ well-being and want them to be as productive as possible.
Furthermore, giving your employees food sends the message that you value workplace culture and employee happiness.
2. There’s No need for employees to leave the office. Having employees who come in and out of the office on a regular basis might be very distracting for your business. However, if you do not feed your employees, they will most likely go to great lengths to avoid becoming hungry. Food might encourage staff to stay in the workplace rather than go to buy refreshments.
3. It Helps to Maintain Productivity. It’s widely accepted that working on an empty stomach is counterproductive. Unproductivity in the workplace is a big problem. By making food easily available to your staff, you can help them maintain their productivity while reducing the risk of burnout.
4. It adds to the appeal of team meetings. Do your coworkers grumble when they find out they have to attend yet another meeting? Having food available at meetings can make these group syncs much more tolerable and pleasurable. This could also be an excellent opportunity for them to be more spontaneous and appealing.
5. Assists in the promotion of the company’s health. Food don’t have to be unhealthy to be enjoyable. Foods at work can, in fact, be part of a larger programme to boost business health.
6. There’s opportunity of celebrating festivals and occasions. Nothing beats spending the festivials with your family and friends, no matter how many decorations you put up at work. Bringing some holiday-themed treats to the office, on the other hand, can make the atmosphere more lively and joyful. This could also be a method to make your company more inclusive by ensuring that food is available on all festivals.
The disadvantages of giving free office food
1. It Can Become Quite Messy. A mess is unavoidable as soon as you serve food into the office. Even if you try your hardest to eat as neatly as possible, at least one of your employees will have an accident that will take a long time to clean up.
Furthermore, there is no guarantee that all personnel would clean up after themselves and be considerate. Even if you can assist reduce the problem by establishing clear guidelines, this can quickly become an unwelcome source of stress in the office.
2. Employees Have the Possibility to Be Greedy. You must be prepared for the possibility that some employees will take advantage of the system and take too many sweets or discreetly take them home if you supply free snacks.
3. It Will Be Difficult To Satisfy Everyone. You’ll almost certainly have to buy this stuff in quantity, which will necessitate at least some cooperation among coworkers. Even though you try to please everyone, there may be one employee who feels left out since there aren’t enough others who want to try their food.
4. It can Hazardous to Allergy-Suffering Employees. With a permissive food policy, it’s possible that an employee with a food allergy will be put in danger. Controlling what food comes in and out of the office will be tough.
5. It Can Be Expensive. A corporation may need to make some significant budget cuts from time to time. A generous food policy might soon add up to a significant financial burden. While providing food for your staff may make them happy, you must keep in mind that there may come a moment when you must cut back.
Keep reading successyeti.com