The Honorary Chairman of the Naval Ratan Tata Sons is Ratan Tata. Previously, he was Chairman of the Tata Group. Ratan Tata is one of India’s most prominent and well-known businessmen, but there are many other elements in his life that are worth learning. Here are 10 fascinating facts about Ratan Tata, his personality, and his achievements.
1 Ratan Tata’s father, Naval Tata, was adopted by Ratanji and Navaljbai Tata. Naval Tata grew up in J.N. Orphanage Petit Parsis. Ratan Tata’s grandmother, Navajbai Tata, was a big fan of his. Ratan Tata’s parents separated in 1940 when he was 10 and was taken care of by his grandmother.
2. Ratan Tata’s first job, which he began in 1961, was Tata Steel. Blast furnace and shovel limestone were his first jobs.
3. Bombay House, the headquarters of Tata Sons, has had a habit of inviting stray dogs during storms since the days of JRD Tata. Thanks to recent restorations, Bombay House has a kennel for stray dogs. Toys, playgrounds, water, and food are available in this kennel. Ratan Tata, as always, has a deep love for these dogs. He has two dogs, Tito and Maximus.
4. Ratan Tata merged Land Rover Jaguar with Tata Motors, Tetley with Tata Tea, and Corus with Tata Steel. All of these are important mergers for his company. All of these mergers have contributed significantly to the tremendous expansion of the Tata Group.
5. Ratan Tata is a car enthusiast. Ferrari California, Land Rover Freelander, Cadillac XLR, Chrysler Sebring, Honda Civic, Mercedes Benz S Class, Maserati Quattroporte, Mercedes Benz 500 SL, Jaguar F Type, Jaguar XFR, and other luxury cars belong to his collection.
6. Ratan Tata is a big lover of airplanes. He is a skilled pilot. In 2007, Ratan Tata became the first Indian to fly the F16 Falcon.
7. Ratan Tata raised $50 million in 2010 to build an executive center at Harvard Business School, where he earned his bachelor’s degree. Tata Hall was the name of the hall.
Also Read: Time Elon Musk Called Ratan Tata A Gentleman