Even if you’re not an athletics enthusiast, you are likely familiar with the identities of people who have defied the expectations and broken records. You’ve heard about how they transformed the game, where they originated from, and how far they’ve progressed. In essence, the world of sports spreads beyond its borders—for the simple reason that the quotes they tell are interesting to people who live outside of it.
So even if you are not a fan of these basketball players, here are some quotes that will inspire you to have a successful life ahead.
1. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.”- Michael Jordan
2. “A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.”- Larry Bird
3. “Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do.”- Shaquille O’Neal
4. “Nothing is given. Everything is earned.”- LeBron James
5. “What do you do with a mistake: recognize it, admit it, learn from it, forget it.”- Dean Smith
6. “Concentration and mental toughness are the margins of victory.”- Bill Russell
7. “How good can we expect to be if our best player is not our best teammate.”- Brad Stevens
8. “Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.”- John Wooden
9. “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.”- Michael Jordan
10. “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.”- Phil Jackson