Football, a sport that puts even the toughest athletes’ wits and muscles to the trial, teaches countless lessons about the value of persistence, commitment, and continuous effort. As a result, some of the greatest and most inspiring statements come from active and retired football wits, athletes, and trainers.
Here are some of the inspiring quotes for life from the greatest football players around the world.
1) “I see myself as the best footballer in the world. If you don’t believe you are the best, then you will never achieve all that you are capable of.”- Cristiano Ronaldo
2) “Money is not a motivating factor. Money doesn’t thrill me or make me play better because there are benefits to being wealthy. I’m just happy with a ball at my feet. My motivation comes from playing the game I love. If I wasn’t paid to be a professional footballer I would willingly play for nothing.”- Lionel Andrés “Leo” Messi
3) “As a footballer, you always want to test yourself against the best.” – David Beckham
4) “The dream of every footballer and why we train and work is to reach the top, and a World Cup is the top.” – Giovani Dos Santos
5) “Win or lose, do it fairly.” – Knute Rockne
6) “The team played very well and I was delighted to help out with three goals.”- Ronaldo de Assis Moreira
7) “Something deep in my character allows me to take the hits and get on with trying to win.”- Lionel Andrés “Leo” Messi
8) “I just hate losing and that gives you extra determination to work harder.” – Wayne Mark Rooney
Also Read: Best Inspiring Quotes For Examinations