Our world has witnessed several brilliant scientists and inventors in the past whose contribution went on to change this world in many ways. However, very few of them match the calibre of Tesla car company founder, Elon Musk. He is the modern-day Einstein and Tesla (Nikolai Tesla). His visions and ideas are so exceptional that he is worth comparing to some of the best inventors we have witnessed. He is said to be the real-life Tony Stark (Ironman) from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This is the reason why he even had a cameo in one of the Ironman movies.
To know who he is, lets us start why the companies he established. Elon Musk is an engineer who founded PayPal, SpaceX, Tesla and SolarCity. These are some of the highly successful companies in the market today. His company, PayPal change the way we made payments. His electric car manufacturing company, Tesla is the best in the business of electric cars. Tesla cars have made a huge impact on reducing air pollution and global warming. His space exploring company, SpaceX became the first company to be funded privately and bagged a 1.6-billion-dollar contract from the space tech giant NASA and another billion-dollar contract from Google and Fidelity. But his journey to success wasn’t easy at all.
He was born in Canada and moved to the US at the age of 17 years. He was inspired by ‘The Hitchhikers Guide to Galaxy’ to focus his attention on the internet, renewable source of energy and time travel. Maybe not exactly, but he did achieve those goals by creating the companies named earlier. He faced wholesome deals of rejections and obstacles but that didn’t stop him.
Some views or thoughts of Elon Musk: –
- “If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it’s not.”
- “When Henry Ford made cheap, reliable cars, people said, ‘Nah, what’s wrong with a horse?’ That was a huge bet he made, and it worked.”
- “It’s OK to have your eggs in one basket as long as you control what happens to that basket.”
- “We’re going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I’m hell-bent on making it work.”
- “I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.”
- “I could either watch it happen or be a part of it.”
- “Persistence is very important. You should not give up unless you are forced to give up.”
- “When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favour.”