We all have dreams and goals in our life, to be successful and earn a lot of money. Mother Teresa too had a dream, one so different from all of us that no one in the world can match her compassion and kindness towards kids. Her only goal was showing empathy, love and care towards those who need it. She was born in Macedonia and came to India as a missionary in 1929.
She was given the title of a Mother because for those unfortunate people who have no one to look after them, had Sister Teresa. She even took care of the people with leprosy, a disease that was considered a bad omen, and the patient was ousted from the family and village. She never once thought about her, it was always others. She claims to have got a vision, a call from her Almighty, to serve the poor and since then it became her vision. She founded and established an organization called ‘Missionaries of Charity’ in Kolkata in the year 1950. Today the organization has over 5000 sisters who are still carrying out her will. It has expanded now in about 120 nations and has carried more than 500 missions over time. This expansion and dedication of the missionaries of the charity only display how Mother influenced everyone to lend a hand to the less fortunate and be humble.
Some thoughts and quotes from Blessed Mother Teresa: –
- Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.
- Intense love does not measure, it just gives.
- Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
- Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.
- If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one hundred times.
- The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.”
- If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
- What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.