A bipolar disorder causes changes in mood, energy, and activity levels on a daily basis and it causes disturbance to a person’s life. However, the impact varies from person to person.
The major symptom of bipolar disorder is the changing episodes of high and low moods. These episodes may either last for several months or even years.
Mania or Hypomania
The elevated moods are referred to as mania or hypomania, and mania is more intense.
The symptoms are as follows:
· Feeling wired.
· Impaired judgment
· A sense of distraction or boredom
· Missing work or school
· Do not feel tired even if they sleep less
· Likely to underperform at work or at school
· Engage in risky behavior and activities
· Feel able to do anything
· Feeling euphoric and exhilarated
· They tend to talk rapidly
· Possess high levels of self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-importance
· In a conversation, they jump off from one topic to another
· Their thoughts are constantly racing and they come and go quickly
· People with bipolar disorders act upon their bizarre ideas
· They deny the things that are going wrong or they just don’t realize it.
· Some people even spend a lot of money
When an individual experiences bipolar depression he/she may experience the following symptoms:
· Extreme sadness
· Trouble sleeping or insomnia
· Feelings of hopelessness and despair
· Anxiety on minor issues
· Excessive eating or eating less
· Weight loss or weight gain
· Sense of guilt
· Unable to enjoy activities or things that give pleasure
· Having a hard time focusing and remembering
Keep reading Successyeti.com