Everyone knows that laughter, be it forced or natural humour, it is a feature of happiness. A person who laughs every day is happy by default. We must have already heard the saying ‘Laughter is the best medicine.’ it may not directly cure any illness but it sure gives you the strength to fight off any kind of disease. Laughter has become a universal language. It is a good way to break the ice during an awkward conversation and also can be used as a defence mechanism when you are nervous. You may have seen elderly people having a ‘laughter club’ where they come together can make themselves laugh without any joke or pun. They just laugh to release their stress and be healthy. Laughter can have many direct and indirect benefits for your health and happiness. Some of them are as follows: –
- Laughing upgrades your breathing by inhaling of oxygen-rich air and energizes your heart, lungs and muscles, and builds the endorphins that are developed by your mind.
- Laughing every day can help in your blood circulation which will aid in the relaxation of muscles. Both these features will help you to reduce the physical symptoms of mental strain or instability.
- Having negative thoughts can induce more stress inside you which affects your immunity indirectly. By laughing you pump neuropeptides inside you which effectively fights stress and gives you immunity.
- It’s no surprise that laughing makes you happy. If you are sad or angry about something, laughing can just turn your mood around and make you feel good.
- Laughing is highly beneficial to people who are injured. Laughing helps your body produce the natural painkillers that reduce your pain.
- Facing a complex situation? Laughter can help you clear your mind and make effective decisions. It may not solve your difficulties but it makes it easier to deal with the problems.
You may not be born with the best sense of humour, but still, you can just try force laughing to avail all of the laughing benefits. You can watch comedy shows to cartoons to laugh. Joining a laughter club is the best way to include laughter in your day-to-day life.