Tariwala Chicken Recipe is a very famous Spicy Chicken Gravy loved and prepared in all Punjabi households. This is one of the most delicious chicken gravy.
Here is the recipe to make a restaurant-style Tari Wala chicken
Chicken Curry pieces (500g),
Sliced onions (4), Curd(1/2 Cup),
Chopped coriander Leaves(1/2 Cup),
Chopped Tomatoes (2),
Cumin Seed Powder(1/2 tbsp),
Coriander Powder(2 tbsp),
Turmeric Powder(1/2 tbsp),
Red Chilly Powder,
Kashmiri Chilly(1 Tbsp),
Salt (as per taste),
Cumin Seeds(1/4 tbsp),
Whole Spices Star Anise,
Green Cardomom (1 tbsp),
Ginger Garlic Paste( 1 tbsp)
Ways to prepare
1. First marinate the chicken in a mixing bowl, add some salt (as preferred), red chilly powder, and turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, 3-4 tbsp of curd. See whether all the ingredients mix well. Marinate it for 30 mins.
2. In a kadhai heat around 5 tbsp of oil and fry the sliced onions on a high flame stir it continuously until crispy brown. Once the onions turn crispy brown, switch them to a dish.
3. In the same oil add some cumin seeds and then add some Ginger Garlic Paste and fry it in the oil for some time.
4. Then add the marinated chicken pieces and fry them on a medium flame, fry the pieces from all sides properly for some 4-5 minutes.
5. Once the chicken is fried, sprinkle some dry masalas, red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder & some salt. Mix the masalas along with the chicken and fry them for some 2-3 minutes.
7. Once the masala is finely roasted and coated in the chicken put in some chopped coriander leaves.
8. Now add sliced tomatoes and cover it with a lid and cook along with the chicken for some 7-8 minutes.
9. While the chicken is getting cooked, in a mixer add fried onions and whole spices, and grind it to a fine paste. (Don’t add water)
10. Once the tomatoes and chicken is cooked add the onion paste to it. Stir it well with the chicken, the gravy should have a thick consistency.
11. Now put 3 spoons of curd and mix it well. Then add approximately 2-3 glass of water and stir it well, you can also add water as per the gravy thickness required. Add some salt if required.
12. Add some coriander leaves and let it to cook for 3-4 mins so the flavors blend together.
13. Your delicious Tariwala Chicken is ready, serve it hot with rice or paratha.
Keep reading Successyeti.com