The butterflies of a new relationship can quickly take away a person’s capacity to think clearly. And how can you tell the difference between love and lust when your head is so high in the clouds? It might be difficult to identify the difference between the two at the start of a relationship. Often, lust and love are regarded to be two separate emotions.
Lust is the desire for sexual fulfillment that motivates people to seek out sex partners. The urge for sexual fulfillment is fueled by hormones.
Love, on the other hand, may include lust, but it is more emotional and based on genuine concern for the other person.
It’s a popular belief that lust inevitably fades with time. However, if they aren’t fostered, both desire and love can wane with time.
Here’s how you can know if what you are experiencing is love or lust.
Signs that prove it is love:
1. Other than sex, you want to spend quality time together.
2. You become engrossed in deep and meaningful conversations and lose track of time.
3. You want to be honest with each other about your feelings and make each other happy.
4. He or she inspires you to grow as a person.
5. You want to include them in important occasions in your life.
6. You are not afraid to be vulnerable with each other.
Signs that prove it is lust:
1. You’re entirely focused on a person’s appearance and physique.
2. You want to have sex, but you don’t want to indulge in any deep conversations.
3. You’d rather keep the connection on a fantasy level than talk about your true feelings.
4. You may not have much in common, but when it comes to physical intimacy, it doesn’t really matter.
5. You have a physical desire for the other person.
6. You enjoy spending time with them, but you don’t fantasize about the future.
Also Read: Can Sex Help With Weight Loss