We must be able to let go of the past and move on. Holding on to past hurt and bitterness will only hold you back, whether it’s the death of a loved one, a terrible breakup, a business failure, or a cruel betrayal.
Here are some quotes about letting go of the past and moving forward.
1. “If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
2. “But you have to let go of it sometime, Gaby. You can’t change the past, any of it, and hanging on just eats your life away.”― Soheir Khashoggi, Nadia’s Song
3. “Sometimes the only way to get closure is by accepting that you’ll never get it.”― John Mark Green
4. “The old you is only a shadow of the reality which is the new you. The shadow is useless without its reality.”― Efrat Cybulkiewicz
5. “Letting go of the past means opening up to the future, and sometimes the unknown is scarier than the past.”― Tamara Lechner, The Happiness Reset: What to do When Nothing Makes You Happy
6. “The past is in your head. The future is in your hands.”- Anonymous
7. “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.”-Lyndon B. Johnson
8. “Sooner or later we’ve all got to let go of our past.” -Dan Brown
9. “Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go but rather learning to start over.”- Nicole Sobon
10. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go”- Herman Hesse
11. “Forgiveness means letting go of the past.”- Gerald Jampolsky
Keep reading successyeti.com