Individuals with whom we have poisonous connections seldom appear to listen or say something kind to cheer us up. However, when it comes to condemning us, they appear to be the foremost in queue.
If being in their company causes you worry, or if you’ve begun to despise them for their meanness, and you’re having difficulties trying to stand up for yourself as well as your own interests, the connection is toxic.
Here are 10 toxic relationship quotes to help you know who to trust.
1. “A bad relationship is like standing on broken glass, if you stay you will keep hurting. If you walk away, you will hurt but eventually you will heal.” ― Autumn Kohler
2. “Such a disappointment when you defend someone for so long thinking they are different and they turn out to be just like what everyone said.”
3. “It’s very possible and very okay to forgive someone and still not want to spend time with them” ― Karen Salmansohn
4. “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” ― William Shakespeare
5. “If someone keeps bringing you down, perhaps it’s time to get up and leave.” ― Karen Salmansohn
6. “Was looking for honey; found poison instead.” ― Shivangi Dhawan
7. “Handling toxic people is not an art, they will be the victim of their own toxicity.” ― P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
8. “People inspire you or they drain you. Pick them wisely.” ― Hans F. Hansen
9. “Someone who truly loves you will never expect you to give up your goals, dreams, or ambitions. They will encourage you, not hold you back.” ― Anthon St. Maarten
10. “People may not always tell you how they feel about you, but they will always show you. Pay attention.” ― Keri Hilson
Also Read: Tips For Busy Parents To Get Time For Self