Even after months of lockdown and many of the preliminary preventive measures taken, the spread of coronavirus is still showing no signs of going down. All we can continue to do is to stay at home take proper care of our health. We can build our body strong and improve our immunity. We may have heard many tips from neighbours and on social media about how we can deal with coronavirus effectively, but not everything that we hear or see on WhatsApp is always true. Some tips are made-up ones and can make more harm than improve your condition. Here are some tips that are proven to be constructive and helpful: –
- Stay home: – The first and foremost thing to do is to stay at home no matter what happens. You may be bored but being bored is better than harming yourself for a deadly virus. If you have to go out, do not use any public transport. Do not visit public places that are crowded and avoid touching the surroundings without gloves. Try ordering your needful things online instead of going out.
- Be alert of your symptoms – Keep a track of your symptoms that are related to coronavirus. The most common symptoms are fever, dry cough, tiredness, difficulty in breathing, sore throat or pressured chest. Do not panic if you get any of the symptoms. It might very easily be just a common cold or viral fever. However, take proper care and try your best to cure the symptoms. If it gets worse, contact your healthcare provider.
- Sleep and hydration – Take proper time in the day to perform physical activity to help you sleep better. Do not compromise your night sleep time as sufficient sleep is necessary to build a healthy immune system. Also, drink enough water daily. Hydration is very important for a healthy body and also digestion. Drink at least 2.5 to 3 litres of water every day.
- Wash your hands main with soap – Use soap over any of the washing or hands-cleaning methods. Use sanitizers only when you have no access to water and soap. Try to consume food with spoons and fork only. Avoid making any physical contact with people in public.
- Wear a mask – There is a common misconception the mask prevents you from coronavirus. Recently the WHO (World Health Organization) published a fact this virus can be airborne. The masks we use are no capable of filtering the virus. We must wear a mask to avoid the spreading of this virus. Breathing or coughing with a mask can reduce the spread of the virus.
- Keep everything clean – Sanitize all the deliveries you get from outside and do not accept or make direct contact with the delivery. Ask the delivery personnel to leave it at your doorstep and you can collect it later. If you order food online, make sure to open the packing with gloves on and use spoons to consume the food.
- Avoid sharing – Sharing is caring, but times like these call for no sharing. Do not share your personal items with anyone. Keep your phones, laptops or stationeries with yourself. You can receive contaminated items after you share and receive the item back.