Pimples can appear on any part of your body. They usually form in the areas where there are hair follicles.
Well, yes. Lips don’t have hair follicles but the outer edge of the lips does. Therefore you’ll often see a pimple popping up on the outline of your lips.
These bumps or pimples are painful and uncomfortable yet they are harmless. It would even cure up without any treatment.
It might get infected if bacteria enters in it and hence, it requires proper care and maintenance.
The following are the causes for lip pimples or bumps;
- Excess oil production
- Hair follicles clogged by oil
- Dead skin cells
- Excessive use of lip balm or petroleum jelly
- Allergic reactions
- Lip injuries
- Cold sores – small fluid filled painful blisters
Methods to get rid of it:
- Soaps and creams – the one made for treating pimples. Also use mild alcohol free cleanser twice a day.
- Castor Oil – it is a natural moisturizer that aids in getting rid of the lip pimple. It has anti-inflammatory properties that reduces inflammation and stimulates growth in new tissues, speeding up the healing process.
- Hot or Cold Compress – applying this pack to a lip pimple will lower the swelling and pain. It reduces inflammation.
- Lemon juice – it is the best remedy to treat pimples. Use a clean finger or a cotton to dab some lemon juice on the pimple.
- Honey – the antimicrobial properties in honey work wonder after applying it on the pimple. Apply 3 to 4 times a day.
Keep reading SuccessYeti.com
Also Read: Ways To Deal With Diarrhoea At Home