The popularity of the vegan diet is increasing day by day globally. This is because of the numerous health benefits of the vegan diet. However, there are several drawbacks for some individuals. Here, check out the major disadvantages.
1) Lack Of Proteins: There are plant-based protein sources, but they may not be as much as effective as animal-based sources. So, people consuming a vegan diet should make sure to get the proper amount of proteins through plant-based foods.
2) No Proper Intake Of Nutrients: Nutrition is very necessary for the human body. Vegan diets lack nutrition, and there are high chances you may risk deficiencies like vitamin B12, vitamin D, calcium, iron, and omega-3 fatty acids.
3) Weight Gain Issue: Vegan foods like nuts, seeds, and avocados have higher amounts of calories and, when consumed in more than the required amount, can cause weight gain and obesity.
4) Fever Food Options: Non-vegetarians have broader food options or, say, double than people who follow a vegan diet. A vegan diet excludes all animal products, which leads to limitations in food choice and also becomes a problem while dining socially.
5) Digestive Problems: The sudden increase in dietary fiber can lead to malfunctioning of the digestive system. This may include bloating, gas, and other issues. It becomes a challenge to digest the food.
6) Cost: Vegan food is very costly, which may affect your pocket heavily. While animal-based products are cheaper in price.