Do you sense serenity or internal turmoil when you delve deep within yourself?
Finding inner peace, or obtaining peace of mind, is a huge life achievement—and while feeling peaceful can be difficult, everyone can strive for a life of harmony and a quiet spirit.
Here are 12 quotes to help you find inner peace:
1. “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” —Eckhart Tolle
2. “Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.” —John F. Kennedy
3. “Peace is a day-to-day problem, the product of a multitude of events and judgments. Peace is not an ‘is,’ it is a ‘becoming.’ ” —Haile Selassie
4. “Love and peace of mind do protect us. They allow us to overcome the problems that life hands us. They teach us to survive… to live now… to have the courage to confront each day.” —Bernie Siegel
5. “Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.” —Saint Francis de Sales
6. “Nobody can bring you peace but yourself.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
8. “Peace is liberty in tranquility.” —Marcus Tullius Cicero
9. “The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence.” —Norman Vincent Peale
10. “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” —Dalai Lama
11. “You’ll never find peace of mind until you listen to your heart.” —George Michael
12. “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.” —Wayne W. Dye
Keep reading successyeti.com