Though is vague to judge someone based on their appearance, in a cruel world like ours, everyone wishes to have a beautiful and gorgeous face. No matter what, you feel it is important to look like an actress in your Instagram or Facebook post. To achieve this, people depend on cosmetics and heavy makeup. Little do they know that the same products are causing them trouble.
Some health issues caused by cosmetics: –
- Headaches – If you sometimes get headaches and don’t understand the reason behind it, try toning down your make up for a while. Cosmetic products contain Diazolidinyl urea and DMDM Hydantoin which is responsible for upsetting the mucous membrane and affect our eyes which later leads to having a headache.
- Acne – This is one of the major problems faced by women. Because of getting covered under the layer of makeup, the skin cannot breathe and it lives pore in your skin. These pores turn into blackheads and grow into a pimple.
- Allergies – Cosmetics are added with a preservative chemical called Paraben that prevents from bacterial growth. But this chemical can cause allergic reactions like rashes, itching or bruising.
- Hair problems – Makeup doesn’t just involve the skin, the hair is an important aspect too. Products like hair gel, serum, special shampoos and conditioners contain chemicals that give you the hairstyle you wanted but affects the hair in the long run.
- Eye problems – Even the women who don’t use facial makeup, still use eye makeup. Using too much mascara or eyeliner can irritate the skin near the eyes which is the most sensitive skin on your face.
- Rapid ageing – You may be using cosmetic to make yourself look good, but it is only reducing your facial skin life. Makeup chemicals can permanently damage your skin cells and you see early signs of ageing like wrinkles and patchiness.
Stick to using as less makeup as you can. Read all the ingredients of all products you use and research whether the continuous use is safe or not. Don’t fall for those TV commercials that enhances the skin colour or hair looks using special effects. Everyone is beautiful in their own way and nobody can take it away from them. This is why the best makeup you can wear is your smile!!